Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: New state budget cuts

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Im not sure why they wouldn't just move the desks from Appy/Pound/St.Paul to the other schools if they needed them instead of buying.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Im not sure why they wouldn't just move the desks from Appy/Pound/St.Paul to the other schools if they needed them instead of buying.

    I was saying that in jest (not so much literally). We can rest assured though: whatever is the worst-case scenario is what will be knowing our BOS.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #13
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    I was just giving you a hard time.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #14
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Since when does Wise Co BOS ever make fiscal (or any other kind of) sense? This is exactly what will happen,the "plan B" if we do not consolidate. The folks from Pound and Appy who are *****ing and crying now about consolidation? Wait till this goes down (singing "You ain't seen nothing yet"). They just THOUGHT the drive to the new school was unfair. Sucks.
    That's kinda being an brash ******* about things. I know more than a few folks that are for combined schools. From Pound. Me being one of them. So what about driving from South Fork from the KY line to JJK would be fair? NOt knocking you may have misread some of the earlier post's.
    GO VOLS

  5. #15
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Unchained I may have misread your post. If I did MY bad. I would go back and erase my last post. But no sense In it. I think I read your post wrong. So if I did. My last post will stand as part of my saying OOPS.
    GO VOLS

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    You did misread it (but I can see how it could be misread-the aggravating part about typing instead of talking face to face). Btw what I was saying about sending the kids from Pound to Wise and Appy to PV isn't what's best for anybody involved IMO. My point being that the school board will ultimately do what is WORST for everybody (as it always does). That's a no-win solution,and it's one that they'll use. It'll be sad for all involved.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #17
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Yeh I reread and got what you were saying. I started to edit my post then I thought eh let it stand. I was wrong no need to hide it.
    GO VOLS

  8. #18
    Inactive Member fatherof4's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2009
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    I was told that some of the teachers at St. Paul have already been told the school would more than likely close at the end of the school year. Also was told from a Coeburn teacher that she was also told this.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Well, if that was the case, then why haven't the teachers from Appy and Pound been told this, and if they have, why are they not crying about it on here? Your post sounds a littlie "iffy" to me.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New state budget cuts

    Look for some new ideas to be discussed in the next few weeks. Consolidation is going to happen, whether it be three new schools, two new schools, or three old schools, two old schools. Guess we all will have to wait and see.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •